Thursday, December 3, 2009

Where did it all go wrong!

Back on the rock now from my jollies in North Wales! As predicted, my training went downhill and I had far too much to eat and drink! Whilst away, I probably managed to cover a couple of hundred metres on foot. However, in my defence, I did try to walk that distance as quick as possible.
As you can see from the photo in the pub, I was thinking to myself, where did it all go wrong?
So, time to get back on track! Landed back on the rock yesterday lunchtime to walk a few laps round the NSC track. I must admit, I didn't cover a vast distance but it was nice to get out and do something.

However, I managed to get out again today. I headed up to Ramsey (via passport control at Laxey) for the Ramsey bakery fireman's run. There was a good turnout with a few familiar faces present! The run went well and after a few days of chilling out, I was pleased with my performance. Well done to Bernie Ball (P.W. finisher 2009) on a new P.B., Rob Gillanders for almost vomiting on crossing the finish line on the adjacent 4x4 and Robbie Lambden on his maiden victory. Also present was Chris Cale (7 times P.W. finisher!) and the ubiquitous Murray Lambden (do I need to say anymore - Cheers for the link tonight and the paramedics for giving me a swift lift to the finish ;-)).

Thanks also to all my 'followers'. Come on and sign up to follow my blog - you know it makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. Wehey big man, ilove it !!! Didnt know you had a blog? Going to be you're no 1 stalker now, coming in close 2nd feather !!! Wel done on all this walking, especially at 70mph...lol !!! See you soon..keep on blogging mate xxxxxxxx Elena

    ReplyDelete