Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's freeeeezing

Its the winter walking league tomorrow morning at St Johns but the weather forecast isn't optomistic! Snow showers and blizzard conditions are predicted so wrap up warm.
I went out for an eight mile run on Wednesday evening but haven't done a great deal since then. I got a new bike on Thurday and I went out for a cycle ride yesterday but within a couple of miles, my fingers went numb because of the cold so I cut the ride short. I'm waiting for things to warm up a little and the ice on the roads to thaw before I try again.
The only other exercise (if you can call it that) was a trip to the ice skating rink at the Villa Marina gardens. I had never tried it before but I took to it like a duck to an oil slick. I went down more times than a - oops -my wife has just censored my brothel analogy! I also walked up the hill to the Santa train today at Groudle Glen (sitting on Santa's knee was a bit scary) - I'm clutching at exercise straws now.
Lets see what the weather is like tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment