Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The 3 Parish Walk

After my escape from the X factor final, I went for a 9 mile walk on Monday with my wife. As it was daytime, we went on the scenic route which takes in a loop from Strang, out through East Baldwin to the West Baldwin reservoir and then back through West Baldwin. This is a popular walking route and I have seen numerous walkers on it over the past year or so. The loop itself is about 7 miles and is quite undulating - good for training. There is then an extra mile or so each way to my house. It also takes in the parishes of Douglas, Onchan and Marown!
I went to race walking at the NSC yesterday. There is an adult class run by Allan Callow (Multiple commonwealth games competitor) starting at 6pm, meeting on the NSC track.If anyone is interested in race walking, this is the class to go to. Allan has the patience of a Saint - he must have to put up with me the last few months.
I plan to get out a bit later today for a walk for an hour or so but I am working a night shift tonight. I think I will reward myself tomorrow for all this good training. Don't forget the Winter Walking League this Sunday - full details at manxathletics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment