Thursday, December 10, 2009

Hey children, get down the NSC on Monday

Not a bad week so far. On Monday, Max (my 8 year old) and I went to the kids race walking class at the NSC. I would recommend it for any kids who want to take up race walking (and any adults who can find a token child to take with them). There is some fantastic tuition from Liz Corran, Bridget Kaneen (both P.W. finishers) and Michael George (4 times P.W. finishers including a p.b. of 15 hours 57 mins!). Starts at 5pm and costs just 50p (Yorkshire - fantastic!).
For those Manx people in the northern outpost of Ramsey, there is a similar class run for the children on Ramsey promenade by a genuine elite international athlete Steve Partington (3rd fastest all time U.K. walker over 1 mile on the track) . Starts at 6pm and free!!!! Unfortunately, the teenagers are significantly faster and more stylish than me. If you can't find a token child, fear not, there is an adults walking class on a Tuesday - full details to follow.

On Tuesday, I went walking around the NSC track again but a strong wind and driving rain curtailed my activities! Today I went for an eight mile walk around Douglas with my wife. I was quite pleased with my pace - following someone with a nice arse didn't go amiss - need to work on that V.P.L. though.

Not much else to add except I thought there was some excellent coverage of the Peel to Douglas walk in the paper today and the pictures were fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment