Thursday, April 29, 2010

I am not in pain!

I went for my first walk again on Tuesday. I decided to do a short 5 mile walk around Douglas in the afternoon but was apparently spotted by Sandra Halpin who thought that I looked in extreme pain! Although my legs felt tight after the weekends walk, I wasn't in pain - just my usual facial expression when I'm enjoying walking (As can be seen on the photo of me on this website). It was going OK till I got a call from Maureen Moffat's (4 times P.W. finisher) husband to call me into work - I think he was really trying to scupper my training. So I ended up jogging the last mile and a half. I passed Mark Hempsall on the way back, he was unlucky to be injured and unable to defend his title last Sunday but was out and about to support the race.

I went for a 9 mile walk around Baldwin yesterday and another 8 mile walk today around Douglas, both at a reasonable pace. One of the most pleasing aspects after last Sundays race has been my recovery. In the past it has always taken me a while to get going again after an event but this time has been much better. Hopefully this is a sign that I am getting fitter.

The only other thing that I have to mention still from last Sundays race is that my support was excellent - I have had terrible earache this past few days for not mentioning it so far.

2 comments:

  1. very good!!! glad the training is going well! have you started stretching yet or are you still dead set against it:) it would definitely aid recovery!! keep up the good work x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I do perform some stretches. Only the other day I had to stretch to get the crate of beer that was on offer in Tesco.

    ReplyDelete