Saturday, April 3, 2010

Non starter

After watching the excellent 10k race last night I was all set for the Marathon today. All the preparation had gone well and I was looking forward to the race this morning. Unfortunately things went rapidly down hill overnight as I succumbed to the vomiting bug which my children had earlier in the week (I will spare you the graphic details). I was so disappointed not to be able to take part, even to the point of trying to get up at half past seven this morning to see if there was any possibility I could race. Realistically, I knew that there was no chance. So disappointing, I'd better go now before I start swearing....

4 comments:

  1. "You'd have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids..!"

    Hard luck Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pesky meddling kids indeed. Cheers Steve. Looks like you had a good race. Something for me to look forward to next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a shame after all your work both training and familiarising yourself with the route.

    However, looking on the bright side, it would have taken a great deal out of you which you can now channel into the Parish Walk.

    The top contenders will have to beware the frustrated flying doctor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Michael. Never mind, hopefully I will get back to training tomorrow. Hope you are well on the road to recovery and back to training.

    ReplyDelete