Thursday, April 15, 2010

Several short walks this week.

I have been reasonably disciplined this week with training so far. As promised I went for a walk on Sunday evening after work. I was quite impressed with myself as I didn't get in till 8pm so it took a bit of effort to go out instead of having a relaxing drink. It was the first training I had done for about 10 days and I felt really quite rusty and even though I only covered about 5 miles, my legs were aching after.

I also managed to get out yesterday and the day before and cover about 5 miles on each occasion. I'm also planning to head down to the NSC in a few minutes when I've finished this to do a few laps. Hopefully I will get out in the next couple of days and cover a longer distance.I think the best chance of that will be on Saturday morning but that could be difficult as I'm off out for a meal and a few drinks tomorrow evening - I might have a headache to accompany my training walk!

As you might have guessed, I have started to scrape the barrel with walking songs to accompany the blog (some might think that I was scraping the barrel from the beginning). So the options are that I keep coming up with bad songs associated with walking, or people suggest some better songs or alternatively press the mute button.

Maybe my next post will include top tips for walking with a hangover.

No comments:

Post a Comment