Monday, May 3, 2010

A new route.

I have been pounding out the miles these last few days and also had a busy weekend. On Thursday I went for an eight mile walk around Douglas and on Friday, I went for a nine mile walk around East and West Baldwin. The weekend was quite hectic as my son Max was taking part in the Youth Tour cycling event so it was a case of trying to fit everything in around the timings of his races. As a result I didn’t get out for a walk on Saturday.

Yesterday, I helped out with the Peel to Douglas race where Sally maintained her third place in the Women’s race from the previous year. Then it was off to cycling down the NSC. I had said that I wanted to get out and walk a longer distance each week to build up my stamina and I had a 4 hour window yesterday afternoon. I had a quick look on the map and found a new route. Basically, I headed out of Douglas following the TT course to the Cronk Y Voddy straight (not too dangerous - pavements most of the way). Then I headed down the right hand turn that takes you to Little London and then followed the B10 in the direction of Brandywell before turning off towards Injebreck and then back to Douglas. The total distance was 21 miles and there was a good long uphill section for several miles from Ballacraine to the top of Little London. I did find it quite hard going and my pace tailed off towards the end but it was nice to get out into the country with only the sheep for company!

P.s. I wasn’t worrying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment