Thursday, May 20, 2010

Is that a banana in my pocket or am I pleased to see you?

Only 36 days to go now and if you haven't already started, may I suggest now is the time to get training! I didn't get out on Tuesday but I went for a 21 mile walk yesterday and things felt pretty good. I should be able to go for a shorter one later today as well.

Having never got round the lap of the Parish Walk, I am not in a position to give advice about what to eat and drink. However, I have asked various seasoned athletes for their advice and like most things with the Parish walk, everyone does completely different things. Here is a list of foods that have been suggested - pasta, sausage rolls, crisps, jelly babies, jam sandwiches, chocolate, tuna, sweet potato, chicken sandwiches, chips with salt, baby food, meat paste sandwiches and flapjacks. Drink suggestions are as follows water, flat coke and cordial with just a bit of salt added - sounds fantastic.

The only consistent bit of advice is to eat little and often.

Oh, and the only food suggestion that everyone seems to agree on is bananas. So it will most likely be a banana in my pocket!

No comments:

Post a Comment