Thursday, May 27, 2010

Time passing quickly.

Time has passed me by this week. I didn't realise till I checked the blog today that it was a week since I last put anything on! I am trying to remember where last weekend went but I was working both days and went to a party on Saturday night so no walking then. On Monday, I went up to Ramsey with Sally and then walked back the Parish Walk route from Ramsey to Baldrine. I have previously walked the loop around Maughold in training but had never walked up to Lonan church - I'm glad I did! For some reason I had always imagined the church was just around the corner, I now know it is a third of a mile up a rather steep hill. Doesn't sound much when I put it like that but after nearly 80 miles on the day, I'm sure it will seem like miles. At least it's all down hill from there to the finish (apart from the hills at Baldrine, Whitebridge and Onchan).

Today I did another 16 mile walk but despite not doing anything for the past couple of days, my legs felt heavy and I didn't seem to be able to maintain much speed. Hopefully I should get out for a walk again tomorrow.

I was looking at the poll (who will win) on the Parish Walk web site the other day. My only observation is that I have seen the following athletes training in the past few days - Sean Hands (fast), Jock Waddington (fast), Mark Hempsall (fast) and Michael George(fast). However, I have passed them all (either in the car, walking in the opposite direction, or on the bike).

There is only just over four more weeks to go to the Parish Walk and the next two weeks are the TT the time will fly by!

No comments:

Post a Comment