Sunday, May 30, 2010

Eurovision ruined my training.

I went out for a 9 mile walk on Friday around the usual Baldwin route with Sally. It ended up being a mixture of paces, as Sally zoomed off into the distance when I had a brief stop, so the next couple of miles I spent trying to catch her up. So overall it was a good training session. I managed to get out for a brief walk last night after work and covered just over 3 miles but only at a slow pace.

I had toyed with the idea of stopping drinking alcohol in the run up to the Parish Walk (not the best time when the beer tent is being put up!) and decided to give it a go last night. Unfortunately, when I got in I found Sally was watching Eurovision on T.V. For any one lucky enough to have missed the program, there were no highlights to report. However I did think the Portuguese entry sounded like Mariah Carey with P.M.T. (she will probably turn out to be a portu-geezer). Needless to say, the abstaining didn’t last long and I woke up with a headache this morning for some reason.

The only good thing to come out of Eurovision is that I have now booked my summer holidays to Armenia having checked out their singer...

No comments:

Post a Comment