Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Back on the rock.

We returned back from the holidays yesterday. Unfortunately, I haven't done a great deal of training. I went for a couple more runs of about 4 or 5 miles each. The first one was on a freezing cold morning when I didn't feel like going, Sally had to really shout at me to get out of bed. I sneaked back under the covers for warmth whilst Sally performed her daily bathroom ritual prior to the run.

The second one was in the dark on the ice with a torch so I'm not sure how much benefit I gained from that. I think now with the turn of the New Year, I plan to increase my training. However, my plans of going for a 10 mile walk today have been thwarted by the snow - Ahhh the best laid plans....!

I am planning to run the Ramsey Firemans run on Thursday but I think that will be dependent on the weather as will the Winter Walking league on Sunday as I think that the cold weather is forecast to stay.
My New Year resolution is to finish the Parish Walk this year. I have got plenty of things to motivate me to train and get round this year. Firstly, there's the disappointment of not getting further on the Parish Walk last year. Then there is this Blog to keep me motivated (more time training and less time writing about training might be usefull!). I am also going to enter the team event (we are 3 quarters of the way to getting the team together - myself and 2 legends of the sport!) so the responsibilty of finishing will weigh heavily on my shoulders. There will be other things to motivate me too.
I need to have a go at running off road in the next few days if I'm going to enter the Manx Mountain Marathon but right now, I'm off for a snowball fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment