Saturday, January 23, 2010

154 Days to go!

It still sounds a long way away but there are only 154 days to go till this years Parish Walk. It doesn't seem that long since entries opened but that was 55 days ago! So unless you are one of these people who just seem to be able to turn up and walk the course with little preparation, its time to get out training. Plus the added advantage of the daylight is starting to get a little bit longer.
I have been out for a run this evening and out for an eight mile walk yesterday and the day before. It was good to see Dave Mackey out training again yesterday and was rather pleased with myself when I passed him (I was going in the opposite direction). We have also finalised a team to enter for the event this year. I am not going to announce the line up as yet but the pressure is on me as I have nowhere near the walking experience of any of the other members - at least it is good motivation to train.
Don't forget the next round of the winter walking league is on Sunday 7 February at Andreas (full details at manxharriers.com). This is excellent training and speaking from experience, amateur walkers are welcome. My first attempt was 10 months ago and I covered the 10km distance in just under 80 minutes finishing in a splendid last place!

No comments:

Post a Comment