Friday, January 15, 2010

Training going well.

Things have gone pretty well so far this week and I have done some training every day. I have been out running around Archallagan plantation on both Monday and Wednesday with my wife. Monday was bitterly cold but that made the ground hard so it was OK to run on until I hit the odd patch of ice on the slopes. Wednesday was snowing and I had trouble getting the car up the road to the plantation. Once there however, it was excellent running on the fresh snow. At the end, Sally did some stretches before getting in the car; however I put my time to some practical use by making a snowman.

On Tuesday, I went to the race walking at the NSC but it was difficult to walk in the strong winds. Last night was a trip up to Ramsey on the coast road for round four of the Fireman’s runs. I set off at a blistering pace on the first lap and regretted it on the second and third lap but managed to hang on to get a new P.B.!

It’s a rest day for me today but tomorrow I’m off to Greeba for the fell race. My wife has done a fair bit of fell running in the past and always turned up fully equipped with amongst other things, a map, compass and whistle. After about a year of fell running she asked me to teach her how to read the map and use the compass! Luckily she has a good sense of direction. I see that rain and fog is forecast so hopefully my skills with a compass and map are up to scratch, otherwise I will look a right pratt if I get lost.

I have got some time off in the days next week so I will be able to get out and do a bit more walking rather than all the running that I have been up to recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment