Sunday, January 31, 2010

Too much work and not enough exercise.

My manic phase of exercise has come to the end for the time being. I went for a cycle ride on Thursday but other than that I haven't done any training. This is mainly for two reasons, the first one is that work has got in the way of training so I have had no free time. Isn't it a pain when that happens. The second reason is that I have had a bit of a cold but being a man, I dont want to really talk about that. I mean obviously the sore throat has been terrible, and the feeling of lethargy has not been great either - but I'm not going to moan.
Hopefuly I will get back to some sort of training tomorrow now that the severe headaches and runny nose are starting to subside. (I've heard women mention in passing that child birth is an annoyance but they don't have to put up with man flu do they). Just to ensure that I am up to training again, I'm having a test tonight to see if I can tolerate a few drinks without too many ill effects and if so, I am well on the road to recovery.
I think this week (if the generalised muscle aches and shivers have settled) I will go for a longer walk of twenty miles or so. I think it is now about time to start building up the distances. There is also the Firemans run coming up on Thursday and the winter walking league next Sunday. Plenty of encouragement to get back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment