Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The team is taking shape.

As promised, I got out bright and early on Saturday morning and went for a 16 mile walk with Richard Gerrard. We headed up to Laxey from Douglas via the Creg Ny Baa Back Road and then went through Glen Roy before descending into Laxey and following the Coast Road back to Douglas. The route between Douglas and Laxey was fairly undulating to say the least so it was a good training session. I was fortunate to be walking with someone otherwise, as the going got tough, the tough would have been tempted to continue up the Back Road and into the Creg to put my feet up for the rest of the day!

Sunday was a quiet day and I just played a few games of tennis with my wife and the youngest 2 boys, Max and Zac. I also managed to catch a bit of the football in the afternoon and rather depressingly watched Man U win.

I notice that there has been a lot more entries for the P.W. in the past few days. Amongst the entrants I saw a former blogger, Adam Killip's name on the list. I think he is now about to or has reached the ripe old age of 21 so he will be able to continue past Peel and possibly go for a full lap. I also see another of mt team mates has put his entry in. The team (3 walkers and a plod) so far consists of Dave Mackey, Vinny Lynch (as the 2 previous finishers) and myself - so no pressure on me!! We are just waiting on our 4th team member to enter. We make up the 3 walkers so we are just waiting for the plod to enter.

The Manx Mountain marathon draws ever closer and so today I decided to go for a longer run and went for a 16 mile jog. It was a bit of a struggle after 10 miles and that was just running on the roads. Hopefully on the day, I will be able to maintain a sensible pace and keep going to hang on to the end.

2 comments:

  1. blimey you're training seems to be going well!! keep up the good work:) what day is it? by the way has Sally dropped of the face of the earth or just ignoring me:) get her to txt me will you, don't have you're home no.... i keep looking out for you on the hills, i probably blink and miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers! Will pass the message on but when does Sally do anything that I tell her to!!

    ReplyDelete