Wednesday, March 10, 2010

More and more people out training.

After a good start to the week on Monday, training has ground to a halt the past couple of days. I went for an 8 mile walk on Monday around Baldwin and then went with Max to the children's race walking session at the NSC on Monday evening. Unfortunately, I was struck down with a stomach bug yesterday so I couldn't train and today, I took it fairly easy and ended up doing some work in the garden. I am on annual leave for the next couple of weeks so I was hoping to do quite a bit of training this week. Next week we are all going on holiday, so I will update the blog from our holiday destination (assuming I can get internet access)!

I am off to Royal Ramsey for the final round of the Fireman's runs tomorrow and it will be a good indicator as to if I have continued to improve or not. More importantly, there is a presentation after so the opportunity for a beer cannot slip by!

As the days get longer and the Parish Walk approaches, I am seeing more and more people out training. I bumped into Michael Shipsides today just before he was off for a training walk. I also saw Michael George, Shirley Gage and David Taylor race walking past my house during the afternoon. If you can't beat them, join them.

No comments:

Post a Comment