Monday, March 15, 2010

Bend ze knees.


Training this week has changed somewhat. Instead of walking, for the first time in my life I am trying to ski! All seven of us travelled to a place in the French Alps on Saturday called Les Carroz. Yesterday was the first time on the nursery slopes but of course we bumped into some other Manx people. Sally managed to recall how to ski from a couple of ski trips as a teenager and the kids took to it like ducks to water. On the other hand, I let the side down and have some fairly impressive bruises to show for my efforts. Today went slightly better with only 3 falls and no embarrasing moments on the drag lift. Bring on tomorrow.



Looking at the countdown timer, next time I post there will be less than 100 days to go till the Parish Walk....

No comments:

Post a Comment