Saturday, March 6, 2010

Slow and steady.

Not too much exercise the past few days. I went out to reccy the Manx Mountain Marathon course from Ramsey to the Bungalow. Despite the warmer sunshine and light winds at ground level, that wasn't the case up North Barrule! I went up there with Sally and once we were approaching the summit, the wind picked up to a gale. That coupled with the thick snow at the tops made it virtually impossible to run. We did run along the ridge towards Clagh Ouyr (following a couple of sets of footprints in the snow) but the wind, snow and low cloud (or mist - not sure which it is when you are in it) made it impossible to cover the ground and we descended back to the Mountain Road to follow the road back to Ramsey.

The only other thing that I have done is go for a 5 mile walk and bumped into a couple of last years P.W. finishers, Bernie Ball and Carl Senogles, on the prom in Douglas. Unfortunately, I was working today so I missed the Manx Harriers Open Meeting at the NSC. Well done to everyone who took part and the officials, organisers and judges. Thanks to the internet, I was lucky enough to be able to keep an eye on the results and see a few photos as it happened thanks to another P.W finisher from 2009, Paul Jackson. I was also able to watch a bit of the racing thanks to a previous Parish Walk winner Murray Lambden and his YouTube video. How he finds time to do all the video, editing, publishing and then run 10k faster than I could dream of, I will never know. Back to training then......

No comments:

Post a Comment