Thursday, February 11, 2010

The entry has gone in.

Taking Murray's advice not to leave entries too late, I became the 271st entrant into this years Parish Walk today. In the past, when my training has been rather slack, I would have to put an entry into an event in order to give me something to aim for and get out training. Hence I entered in the December before last years Parish Walk to get me motivated and go out and do something. However, with the blog and encouragement from friends, family and team mates, I have all the motivation that I need this year.

I was a bit tight around my hamstrings earlier in the week after the walk on Sunday but this eased after walking around the NSC track on Monday and Tuesday. Yesterday, I went out and ran the section of the mountain marathon from the Bungalow to St Johns (I say run, more like the odd section of jogging interrupted with prolonged periods of walking and the occasional episode of climbing and hyperventilating). It was a clear day but with it, the ground was frozen. I am not sure if i took the correct route up Colden from Injebreck but the route I took was very vertical and thick in heather. If anyone is aware of the correct route, please leave me a comment! It was quite tough running through heather but hopefully someone will be up there the week before the race with a strimmer...

I still haven't been out and done a longer walk yet although I keep saying that I will. If I don't do it on Saturday, then I will definitely go for one next Wednesday.

2 comments:

  1. You doing Cross Country tomorrow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I was too busy to get to the cross country yesterday, and indeed too busy to reply to you until after the event! I checked out the results though last night and noted that you had got a good time.

    ReplyDelete