Monday, February 15, 2010

Early morning walk.

Well valentines day came and went. What with all my training, I didn't manage to get out and buy anything for Sally! Luckily, I think I managed to dig myself out of that hole with the fantastic card I gave her pictured below. If I know her like I think I know her, then she was over the moon. It was one of a multipack, so I am still waiting on replies from the other 9 that I sent (You lucky ladies).


I think I have mentioned before that I am not really a morning person but on Saturday I went for a longer walk with Richard Gerrard setting off in the morning frost at 7.40am. We covered just over 16 miles but was back home for 11am and felt much better for it. Normally, I would set off much later but by the time I get home, most of the day has gone. Only once in the past 18 months have I set off earlier than that for a walk so I was quite impressed with myself.

Yesterday was a rest day, but this evening I will head down to the NSC with Max for the children's race walking class. I have started to see more and more people out walking and the evenings are now starting to become lighter for longer. I am looking forward to the clocks changing so that evening walks will be more enjoyable. I am still in tracksuit bottoms at the moment as it is so cold but as the weather gets warmer, I might be tempted to start wearing shorts. My only concern is that I will end up looking like Alan Partridge.....

1 comment: