Sunday, November 29, 2009

So far, so good!

Distance: 15.5 miles. Units of alcohol: 0

So far it’s been a good start to training. I went out on Friday and did an 8 mile walk around Douglas. Yesterday I went for a jog and covered about 7.5 miles although at a relatively slow pace. Unfortunately, at the moment most of my training is taking place after dark so I am restricted as to where I can go and there is little in the way of scenery. I have also been well behaved and consumed absolutely no beers since my last posting but I can’t see that lasting.

People tell me that to finish the Parish, much of it is in the mind. I am sure that this is correct, however I can’t help but think a bit of fitness wouldn’t go amiss. When I trained for the Parish last year, my training purely consisted of walking, walking and more walking. No particular regime, just going out and walking various distances from time to time. I had a chat with a friend after the Parish and she suggested trying cross training to increase my basic fitness. So I have started mixing in some running and cycling to try and improve my overall fitness, hence the jogging yesterday. I think I will also need to come up with a plan of action to increase my stamina between now and June!

So far so good, but I’m off to North Wales later today for the next three days. I will be catching up with a few friends whilst I’m there and I think the chances of getting out and performing any exercise will be at best limited. I foresee a reversal in fortune for the distance covered against alcohol consumed tally!

No comments:

Post a Comment